Entrepreneurship can be pursued academically at the postgraduate and undergraduate level. There are several reputed colleges in North India that offer excellent programs and resources for entrepreneurship at the postgraduate and undergraduate level.
There are a lot of upcoming colleges that offer BBA in entrepreneurship at the undergraduate level and have been able to create successful results. Some of these colleges are:
● GCEC Global Foundation, Jaipur: GCEC is a nonprofit educational institute that offers various programs with focus on entrepreneurship. This has been started by an SRCC and a CBSE topper. The college has been running flagship courses for the last six years.The college also offers compulsory 3-year internships to make students ready for the outside world and groom their skills, making them better than all others out there. By studying useful skills like company planning, financing, marketing, and management, many work prospects in the public and private sectors are made available to students.
● University of Delhi: Delhi University has several colleges offering undergraduate programs in commerce and management that have a strong focus on entrepreneurship. Colleges like Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) and Delhi College of Arts and Commerce (DCAC) have notable entrepreneurship initiatives.
● Punjab University, Chandigarh: Punjab University offers various programs with a specialization in Entrepreneurship. These courses focus on developing entrepreneurial skills, business planning, and innovation.
For postgraduate options these are some of the colleges:
● Indian School of Business (ISB), Mohali: ISB is a globally renowned business school that offers a Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) with a focus on entrepreneurship. It provides an immersive learning environment and has a dedicated incubation center called the ISB DLabs, which supports start-ups with mentoring, funding, and infrastructure.
● Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi: IIT Delhi has a strong focus on entrepreneurship and offers various programs and initiatives to support aspiring entrepreneurs. The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) at IIT Delhi organizes workshops, competitions, and networking events. The institute also has a dedicated incubation center called the Foundation for Innovation and Technology Transfer (FITT).
● Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Lucknow: IIM Lucknow offers an entrepreneurship development program and has a Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI). The center provides mentorship, incubation support, and access to funding opportunities.
These are few examples, and there are many other colleges in North India that provide quality entrepreneurship education and support.