Commerce as a career option has made a very remarkable growth over the period. Commerce being the backbone of the corporate world offers a variety of career options after 12 in commerce. Here in this article, below are mentioned some amazing Career options for Commerce Students to shape their future in a fantastic way.
Professional Courses other than B.Com and BBA
Students rather than opting for the traditional courses like B.Com or BBA, can now choose from a range of other options available to them like CLAT, NATA, Actuary, Civil Services, Supply Chain Management, BCA, etc as Career options for commerce students.
Professional Degree and Diploma Courses
These days the competition among the students is increasing very rapidly and the students who pursue only a graduation degree like B.Com or BBA after class 12th for them getting to their dream job could be very difficult, to cope up with the increasing competitions the students can go for a lot of professional and diploma courses offered to them in commerce field such as
- ACCA- Association of Certified Chartered Accountants
- CA- Chartered Accountant
- CIMA- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- CFP- Certified Financial Planner
- CFA- Chartered Financial Analyst
- CS- Company Secretary
- CMA- Certified Management Accountant
- ICWA- Institute of Cost and Work Accountant
- CPA- Certified Public Accountants
One should opt for such courses as:
- These courses are for a duration of not more than 3-4 years which can be completed along with their graduation.
- Many colleges along with graduation offer integrated professional courses. B.Com (Hons.) in International Accounting or B.Com Hons in International Finance which is an integrated course of B.Com with ACCA.
- The demand for professionals in India is growing due to globalization which has increased the number of MNCs in our country and also the demand for Indian and International (recognized worldwide) professional degree holders in India.
- These courses help a student to build up skills in a particular field like finance, management, Strategy, innovation, etc., as all of these courses require practical experience along with studies.
- One can also decide the kind of stream they wish to enter such as research, finance, marketing, accounting, HR, business management, sales, etc.
This era has noticed the hike of start-ups around the globe. Students who wish to create their own startup can go for courses related to Entrepreneurship. Do these courses teach them about what start-ups actually are? How can they grow up as an entrepreneur?
One such Course B.Com (Hons) in Entrepreneurship is provided by Global Centre For Entrepreneurship and Commerce (GCEC) where we aim at providing you with practical experience along with theoretical learning.
Know more about our course B.Com (Hons) in Entrepreneurship
Students can also go for specialized courses like Hotel Management, Event Management, Psychology, Economics, Designing, Journalism, Mass Media, Animation and Multimedia, financing, banking, statistics, etc.
If you opt for going through a specialized course then you must opt for a college or institution which is recognized as the best college for that course. If you want to pursue your career in hotel management then you should go for the top-rated IIHM, Taj, Oberoi, etc.
Students can also aim at developing their basic technological skills. They can go for courses like digital media marketing, graphic designing, web development, app development, etc, along with their graduation.